How to view this blog

Welcome! To get the most out of your visit, here are some tips. Some of posted photos that are quite small, but you can click on them to enlarge them. The YouTube link has a video player built in, which means you can just click on the YouTube image and a small window will open on the page and play the video. You can also double click on the image to enter my YouTube channel that has a lot more videos. If you like what you see, please leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

It all begins here- Sunday, June 8, 2008

I started this blog to document my experiences in my Quarter Abroad Program in Oaxaxa, Mexico for Fall 2008. It is now beginning of summer, end of spring quarter, and the journey has already begun, since I am already enrolled, gone to all the orientations, and have paid for a significant portion. Here is how it all began.
So it the finals week of Spring quarter, I am a 1/4 done with finals, and am scared. I am on academic probation, my acceptance into the program is conditionally, and I cannot screw this up. Yes, I am openly confessing that I am on academic probation, I got a 1.99 GPA last quarter, and if that D+ would only have been a C, this wouldn't be a problem. I have never been on academic probation, or on any sort of academic default of any sort-EVER. But my anxiety and stress had taken its toll and now I am dealing with the consequences.
I have placed a little bet on myself- I paid for my ticket to Oaxaca for my study abroad program last week. It is a non-refundable flight, so if for some reason I cannot go to the program, I have to eat some of the costs of the ticket. I also invested in a piece of really nice luggage, so I can feel like a jet setter on my journeys. It is a sweet ass piece of luggage, if I do say so myself. I am invested in this 100%, I am trusting myself and in my ability to do well in school this quarter. A 2.0 is easy, I could do it with my eyes closed, and I have no reason to doubt myself, as I am not a repeat offender of this heinous crime, so why worry right? Hee hee, no worries.
Well, back to work. I have 3 more exams that must feel the intellectual fury that is Samantha, so will check back in a week. I really hope I have good news next time I post. Oh God, I hope its good news.

No comments: