How to view this blog

Welcome! To get the most out of your visit, here are some tips. Some of posted photos that are quite small, but you can click on them to enlarge them. The YouTube link has a video player built in, which means you can just click on the YouTube image and a small window will open on the page and play the video. You can also double click on the image to enter my YouTube channel that has a lot more videos. If you like what you see, please leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Moctezuma hit hard



Sorry I have been lagging on my blog! Its been over a week since I gave any juicy deets, but I have been majorly sick! I dont know what got me sick, but I had major stomach bloating and cramps, fever, nausea and diarrea. I have been sleeping a lot this past week and was prescribed some anti-parastic meds, which helped a lot. After 7 days of being sick, I am so glad to feel healthy! I guess I take being healthy for granted! I was also feeling a little homesick, mostly because I am a big baby when I am sick and need my family, friends and Cole around to kiss my booboos. I have so much to share, but I will catch up on my blog tomorrow.

Alright, a quick little teaser of last weeks events!

Pic 1-On Sunday, my host family took the students out to eat at Santa Maria del Tule, a quaint village/suburb of Oaxaca that has the world biggest tree. You may be thinking "but Sam, sequioas are the worlds biggest trees." Well, yes, but they are tall, and this tree is MASSIVE.

Pic 2-Also, drink to your health has a new meaning for me, since mezcal (which is super strong liquor made from the same plant as tequila) is a preventative treatment for...read tomorrow for the answer!

Pic 3-And finally, no, that last pic is not a glamour shot, it was taken in an ancient Zapotect ruin in Mitla.
Alright I got to catch up on reading, there will be more to see tomorrow!

No comments: